Tuesday, November 3, 2009

COCO HO WINS THE SEARCH IN PORTUGAL!


18-year-old Coco Ho claimed her first victory on the ASP Women’s World Tour today in Peniche, Portugal, taking out the Rip Curl Women’s Pro Search over former ASP Women’s World Champion (2005) Chelsea Hedges, 26. 

Coco was ripping in the final, comboing Chelsea to snag the win. 

“I knew Chelsea (Hedges) would be dangerous on the left after seeing her this morning getting those barrels,” Coco said. “This afternoon it turned into a more rippable wave and it was hard on the forehand, but I was lucky to get the waves I did.

With this victory, Coco now moves from 5th to 3rd on the ASP Women’s World Tour rankings behind Silvana Lima and two time World Champ Stephanie Gilmore. 

“It feels so good to be on top,” Ho said. “I’m trying not to think about too much. I love my trophy. When I started the year, I set a goal to make Quarterfinals or better at every event in order finish Top 5 by the end of the year, and I’m doing my best to accomplish that."

It seems our little Hawaiian is on a path of destruction. She recently earned herself the 2009 ASP Women's WQS World Title. So what's next? It's anyones game right now and this tour rookie is the one to watch!

After the next event in Peru, the tour heads to Coco's homeland Hawaii where the World Champ will be crowned. 

Congratulations Coco and good luck in Peru!

Coco Ho en route to her first major win! Go Coco!

No comments:

Post a Comment